- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of almond milk or coconut milk (2 cans of coconut milk will be just short of 4 cups so add enough water to equal 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup of basmati rice
- 1/4 cup of brown basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of banana chips, crushed
- White Chocolate Vanilla Orange Topped Rice Cakes (if using almond milk) OR Dark Chocolate Topped Rice Cakes (if using coconut milk)
- Rinse rice 3 times and drain. Add drained rice to cold water/milk, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook partially covered for 1–1 1/4 hours until rice is creamy and thickened to a porridge consistency, making sure to stir often so the rice does not stick.
- Stir in fresh banana.
- Garnish with banana chips, Element Snacks (we recommend White Chocolate Vanilla Orange Topped Rice Cakes if you used almond milk, or Dark Chocolate Topped Rice Cakes if you used coconut milk), and a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!
Note: Add the rice cakes right at the end. If stirred in too early, they can get too chewy.